• Williamson County Adult Probation (CSCD) 

Frequently Asked Questions

Williamson County Adult Probation - Georgetown Satellite Office

Credit Card payments may be made online through Certified Payments. A link to Certified Payments can be found on the CSCD Home Page. Otherwise, payments must be in the form of a money order, cashier’s check, or cash. Make money orders and cashier’s checks payable to Williamson County CSCD. Please remember to print your full name and Cause Number legibly on the money order or cashier’s check to ensure proper credit to your account. NO personal checks accepted.

We accept payments at all probation office locations. Payments at the offices located in Round Rock, Taylor and Court Services ( Justice Center) can be made via credit card only. The Main Office accepts credit card payments, cash, cashier’s check and money order payments. . Money orders and cashier’s checks can be mailed to P.O. Box 251, Georgetown, TX 78627. Do not mail cash.

See the Locations page for addresses and maps for the office locations.

What are the hours of operation?

Main Office: Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 6:00pm, and on Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Phone: 512-943-3500

Round Rock Office: Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 6:00pm. Closed Fridays. Phone: 512-248-3232

Taylor Office: Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 6:00pm. Closed Fridays. Phone: 512-238-2132

Justice Center Office: Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Phone: 512-943-1257

All the offices except the Main Office are closed from 12-1:00 for lunch.

Can I pay off all my court costs, restitution, probation fees, and fines up front?

Court costs, fines, and restitution may be paid immediately. Probation fees can be paid off early, but the offender needs to understand that if they early terminate from probation or have their probation revoked, no refunds will be awarded.

What should I bring on first Office Visit?

Have in hand:

  • Information Guide
  • Conditions of Probation from Court
  • Driver License
  • High school diploma or equivelent
  • Auto Insurance
  • Pay check stub
  • If transferring into Williamson County, bring the filled-out datasheet mailed to you.

What is not allowed in the offices?

Each office location is equipped with a metal detector. Thus, any metal devices such as keys, coins, knives, cell phones, etc. are prohibited from being brought into the building. If you wear steel toe boots, they need to be removed prior to going through the metal detector. Women’s purses and cigarettes are also not allowed. To make your entry into the building quick and easy, please leave these items in your vehicle.

Please do not bring children.

Will I have to do a urinalysis at my first office visit?

You must be prepared to provide a urine sample every time you come to the office, if this is a condition of your probation.

When and where does Community Service Restitution (CSR) meet?

Weekday CSR meets on 3rd and Rock Street in Georgetown across from the parking garage. Sign-in is from 7:45am to 8:00am Monday through Friday. Weekend CSR meets inside the parking garage at the corner of 3rd Street and Rock. Sign-in is also from 7:45am to 8:00am. Work starts at 8:00am. Anyone arriving after the 8:00am cut-off will not be able to work CSR that day. See the CSR link under Programs.

Can I have my CSR hours changed into a fine?

No. In Williamson County, all probationers must work the CSR hours that they have been assigned as a condition of probation.

How to obtain a Travel Permit?

A request needs to be made to your Probation Officer by phone or email at least two weeks before the departure date. There will be NO Travel Permits issued on Fridays. If you are requesting out of state travel, you may be asked to post an extradition fee. This fee would be used to return you to the State of Texas should you fail to return on your own or violate your probation while out of state.Offenders who are delinquent in their Court-ordered fees will likely be denied a travel permit.

When and where is the Victim Impact Panel (VIP) held?

VIP is held on the second Wednesday of every month at the J.B. & Hallie Jester Building, Address: 1801 Old Settlers Blvd, Round Rock, TX. You will need to be there at 6:15pm to register, and the doors will close at 6:45pm. The panel begins at 7:00pm. Estimated time for the class is 2 to 3 hours. A certificate of completion will be issued at the end of the panel. You must bring your referral form.

What rights do I lose as a person placed on probation?

See the Felony and Misdemeanor Guides under Client Web/Client Forms.

What happens during a home visit? What should I expect? What are my rights?

There are several reasons for a probation officer to visit your home, as allowed by the conditions of probation. One is to verify that you live where you say you do. Another is to visit with you and/or family members to discuss your progress and to see if there are any additional issues. Many times family members have questions or concerns regarding your supervision, and this is a good time to discuss those. We are also interested in whether you are violating any conditions of your probation. We may ask to look in your refrigerator for alcoholic beverages or look around to see if there is any evidence of drug usage. Many probationers have conditions that allow the probation officer to search their home and computers for contraband, illegal or inappropriate computer usage, or other inappropriate materials.

What information is available to the public, family members, victims, etc. regarding my probation status?

Probation records are “Judicial Records” and thus can only be released with the authorization of the Court. The probation department will only release information that is already public record and is available from either the district or county clerk’s public records, such as the conditions of supervision, the offense for which you are on probation, the length of probation, etc. This means that we will not discuss details of your case if someone, even a family member, calls up to inquire about the details of your supervision. The only way that we will discuss these details are with the permission of the Court. Some agencies, primarily law enforcement, will have some access to your information if it pertains to public safety.

What is appropriate dress for office visits?

Visits to the Adult Probation Office should be treated no differently than a visit to a professional office. While we understand that many times visits are made before, during, or after your work hours and that you are unable to change clothes from work, you are expected to be clean and not track dirt or other materials into the office. You should be dressed appropriately for the situation. This means no overly revealing attire, costumes, inappropriate tee shirts with profane messages, messages promoting alcohol or drug use, or attire that signifies or promotes any gang affiliation.

What happens if I miss or am late for an appointment?

Missing an appointment with your probation officer is a violation of the conditions of your probation. A variety of sanctions may be imposed by the courts for missing your appointment, up to and including revocation of your probation. It is of vital importance that you contact your probation officer as soon as possible if you are absolutely unable to make the appointment. You should make every effort to make your appointment as your officer has other people they are responsible for seeing. Missing an appointment is a waste of their time and yours. It is better to reschedule your appointment if allowed by the officer than it is too ignore the appointment and face the consequences of failing to report and not letting the officer know. The Probation Officer understands that there may be times that it is not possible to make an appointment due to health or other reasons. Please contact your officer as soon as possible in such circumstances so that your time may be used by others. If you are unable to make your payments, do not fail to report to for your appointment. Failing to report only compounds your problems.

How do I determine if my Driver’s License is under suspension?

You should call the Department of Public Safety in Austin at 512-424-2000. You will need to have your driver’s license number available when you call.